Beefsteak Super Mamande
This is one of the largest varieties of cultivated tomatoes. Basic needs are sunshine, moist well drained soil and a frost free area. With a rich sweet flavour, this juicy beefsteak tomato with its French heritage is usually identified by its large, irregular shape. This semi bush variety requires minimal training and can be grown in the greenhouse or outdoors.
How to Grow Tomato
- Can be grown in large pots/containers, any large container with drainage holes drilled
- Use well draining soil (Multi purpose compost is sufficient)
- Requires a sunny spot
- Keep Soil moist
- Feed once per week with a high pot ash feed (tomato feed)
- Stake tall growing varities
- Remove suckers from San Marzano, Shirley, Money Maker and Beefsteak.
- Cut back leaves that crowd the fruit