Cauliflower All Year Round
The Cauliflower head is compose of a white inflorescence meristem. Plant seedlings 60cm apart and across. Do this with care as they hate being transplanted.
- Add some lime to the soil as Brassica`s prefer an alkaline soil
- Ensure the soil after diggging over is firmed in. You can walk up and down the soil to compact it down
- Keep soil moist but not to wet
- Cover crops to prevent pests such as Cabbage White Butterfly (a builders debris netting is often used)
- a high nitrogen feed (chicken manire pellets) when planting and again early september will increase crop size