Runner Beans Guinness World Record
The Guinness Record variety will produce extra Long pods and are red flowered. Runner beans are tender and don't like frost, They need a warm, sunny spot in well drained soil. Runner beans need a support to climb up. Keep an eye out for slugs and blackfly that may attack the plants.
- Add some lime to the soil as Brassica`s prefer an alkaline soil
- Ensure the soil after diggging over is firmed in. You can walk up and down the soil to compact it down
- Keep soil moist but not to wet
- Cover crops to prevent pests such as Cabbage White Butterfly (a builders debris netting is often used)
- a high nitrogen feed (chicken manire pellets) when planting and again early september will increase crop size