Tomato Money Maker
Since the 1970’s this easy growing tomato has been a favourite. Shirley tomatoes can be grown in individual pots and produce heavy, fleshy, tomatoes on the vine. Sweet to taste with a firm skin. Basic needs are sunshine, moist well drained soil and a frost free area.
How to Grow Tomato
- Can be grown in large pots/containers even a builders bucket with drainage holes drilled
- Use well draining soil (Multi purpose compost is sufficient)
- Requires a sunny spot
- Keep Soil moist
- Feed once per week with a high pot ash feed (tomato feed)
- Stake tall growing varities
- Remove suckers from San Marzano, Shirley, Money Maker and Beefsteak.
- Cut back leaves that crowd the fruit